Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ain't Messin' With The Kid Today!

It was a gray day in Westminster today and in a tiny spot in my brain I thought oh no, let this be a sunny day God; I have to see Dr. G (my oncologist) for results of last Thursday's PET Scan.  I have been feeling so good since my last "whiny" blog, so please give me some good news today!

I must tell you, this has been the GREATEST news day in several years!  I received an A+ on my PET Scan, listen folks I'm talking a PERFECT score!  I have never had a "one page" PET Scan report ever, this is my first one. There wasn't much to report except to say "no signs of recurrent lymphoma!"  My doctor was smiling from ear to ear when he told me.  My blood counts are getting better with each "draw," so as one of my Blues songs say, Ain't messin' with this kid today, cause I'm on top of the world!

I believe that God has been taking care of me even when I sometimes give up on myself.   The intercessory prayers I receive from friends, family and even friends of friends I don't know personally,  have brought me to this day.  I am humbled once again at the peace that only my faith can bring me, in the good and bad times in my life.  A simple thank you is not enough for the kindness so many people have shown me over the years in my struggle with cancer.

I have not wanted to post a picture of me with out any hair, but today after I dropped Bill off for a meeting, I came home and took off my hat and took this picture of myself.  I am proud to show off my bald head because it reminds me of what this year has been like.  So folks take a good look at my "badge of courage!"  

 I want all my friends and family that read my blog to know that your prayers are working, so don't stop praying now.  Thank you, and I pray that each one of you are also blessed with the love of God.


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful. You've reached the "And Back" part of your blog title. Thanks be to God. Brian and I thrilled with your news. Immediatley called your Mom and left a message, she's out at an ethics seminar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann for always being there for my Mom. I talked with her today and she is overjoyed at my report. It gives me great comfort to let her know that I now have a fighting chance to beat cancer.

      Delete
    2. Glenda amazing news. You are quite an inspiration.

      Delete
  2. I'm a little behind on my reading, but I am SOOOOOOO glad to hear this great news! Don't worry though, the prayers will still be coming your way! Good job though, I've only worked a wee bit with oncology, but what I did was tough! Glad you've had some good nurses working for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope Aunt Olive is doing well. I have wonderful oncology nurses. Honestly, I don't know how they do what they do, but I am so grateful for all their expertise and empathy shown to me.

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know you, give me a little more info. Thanks

      Delete