Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Devil Visited Last Night

I went to the oncologist yesterday morning and he put me on two antibiotics to combat the fevers I have suffered with since coming home from the hospital last week.  He sent me back to the infusion center and I spent an hour and a half getting IV fluids for my dehydration.  He told me to gain some weight before I see him again next week.  Bill is going to make me some milk shakes.  I am drinking a carnation breakfast drink right now for my snack.  I have been thin my entire life, hope I am up to this challenge.  Dr. G said I need to get stronger before we can start back fighting the cancer.  I felt good after his visit.  I went to bed around 7:00 p.m. and woke up a few hours later with a migraine headache.  I have wonderful meds for the headaches but the Devil must have took one of my "reasoning marbles" out of my brain because I did not take any meds and suffered all night.  Finally got up at 6:30 a.m. and I woke Bill up and got a lecture from him.  Great, now my caregiver was upset!  Thanks DEVIL!  Bill gave me my meds, made my breakfast and in an hour I was a new girl.  If I ever see that DEVIL again he will be beat senseless with my cane.  He is not welcome at Weeks Way!

Just so you know, the rest of the day has been great.  I took a shower all by self.  I know you all think so what, but that is a major accomplishment for me at this point.  After lunch, Fed Ex delivered a nice gift from Michael and Keith in Atlanta, goodies to help fatten me up!  Thanks guys!  Here is a picture.


The Home Health nurse came this afternoon and gave me a good report.  She said next week if I am still good she will discharge me, hallelujah!  I still have the Home Health physical therapist.  She is really good and working hard to build my muscles and strength back up.

Just so you know, I still have my humor and can laugh at myself, I am posting a picture of me in my "biker cap," as Bill calls it.  I put a tattoo on my forehead; this is for my granddaughter Katie!  I want her to know that her Mama G can still have fun.





God Bless every one that reads my blog.  I do enjoy connecting with every one.  Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I remember the day Bill came home with those stickers!!! I was thinking, "Now, why would she need stickers??" Only you would think of that before you had your hair shaved off!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay sister, you know me by now, I never do anything traditional, that's why you love me right??

      Delete
  2. Foxy mama/granmama, with that cool tattoo! Glenda, in addition to being an artist, a gardener, a master meal maker, and a super mom and sweetheart to Bill---you are also showing what talent a writer you are. You could have written mysteries (we're always wondering what the titles of your blogs will turn out to be) or comedy books with that unique sense of humor. And what better a person to fatten you up than Michael! You guys hang in there, knowing out prayers are going out for you each and every day. With love. Carol and LB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I can always count on you to cheer me up. Thanks for the well wishes and prayers! You give me too much credit though, I just always do things a little unpredictable, always have. Maybe one side of my brain thinks kind of quirky! Love you guys.

      Delete