Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

Boy, after my last blog, things went down hill fast!  I keep finding these black holes to fall in, what's up with that???  You would think after starting antibiotics I would start improving, WRONG!  This past week has been a really tough one for me.  My head never left my pillow very long except to run for the bathroom.  I know every speck on my ceilings, so tired of laying in the bed.  Bill had to make another emergency call to the Cancer Center to get something better than Phenergan for nausea.  He ran to the pharmacy to get Zofran.  It worked for awhile then back to the bathroom.  I felt like a sick baby, with Bill doing everything for me.  I turned the corner Tuesday and when I went to the oncologist Wednesday, he was pleasantly surprised.  I even put on blush and earrings for him!  Lost the few pounds I had gained, so now I am on a mission to gain them back, very hard on a soft bland diet!  I can't have any milk products yet, so no ice cream, ugh!

I go for a PET Scan on Tuesday in Greenville.  I see the oncologist next Wednesday for those results, labs, and a discussion on what is the next course to treat this dreadful cancer.

I have been laying on the sofa this afternoon just resting, looking out the window of our front door in amazement at the energy my Bill has.  He cut the front lawn, took trash to the recycling center, washed the front porch, came in and cleaned bathrooms and is now vacuuming the kitchen.  I feel like the kid that is trying to escape her chores, guilty feeling!!

And oh did I say, my labs showed I was very low in Magnesium and Potassium.  So I am taking those pills.  You should see the size of the Potassium horse pill.  Bill has to cut it in half just for me to swallow the darn thing!






Now, did you really think I was going to post a picture of me this past week, not happening!  This is a watercolor I did several years ago.  Raggedy Ann's face is just about how I felt last week!  Although I have no hair, maybe my hair will come back in red like Miss Raggedy Ann!

Okay, I'm looking for greener pastures, so keep praying for me all my fellow bloggers!  God Bless each and every one of you.

My comfort in my suffering is this:  Your promise preserves my life, O Lord.~~Psalm 119:50~~

2 comments:

  1. Your title makes me want to google that song and listen to it. You absolutely amaze me with your humor and titles. You give us something to look forward to. We continue to pray and keep you in our thoughts daily.
    And, yes, Bill is doing an amazing job caring for you. Gee, you never knew how well he can do kitchen work! I bet he will sleep well tonight after completing so many chores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean, you always have a special way of cheering me up when I get some of those "goofy down days!"

    ReplyDelete