Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

I am glad I feel good enough to Blog!  I think the last time I blogged I mentioned that I was going for a PET Scan.  I did, and the results came back very good.  The first 2 rounds of chemo did a great job of killing the cancer, not gone, but good enough to put me back on track to keep fighting this disease!  I was so discouraged after what happened with the emergency bowel surgery.  I thought my chances of beating the cancer were gone.  My oncologist said my recovery from the surgery has been more than what he expected.  I am getting stronger every day.  The weight is so hard to put on, even with pasta, bread, ice cream, chocolate milk, etc.  I get discouraged every time I look at the scale!  But, I feel good and my physical therapist is the best!  I can now go up and down the stairs, sounds easy to all of you, but believe me after a month or more in bed, my muscles and endurance were just shy of Zero!

Here is my schedule for the chemo and beyond, pray for everything to go well!  I have my third R-CHOP chemo this Thursday, May 10.   Then 3 weeks later, another R-CHOP and if all goes well about 8 days after that we will go to Greenville, SC (about 60 miles) away from home to start the Stem Cell Transplant process.  We will have to stay in a hotel near the Cancer Center during this time, off and on for about 4-5 weeks.  I hope it does not beat me up too bad.  I am afraid and hopeful all at the same time.  I know this fight will not be easy.  I am a determined person and with God in the driver's seat and all God's angels out there praying for me, I can reach the finish line to beat this disease.

I put on a sundress and hat yesterday and Bill took my picture outside by my flowers.  We have had some beautiful weather lately.  I poured my chocolate milk in a wine glass and enjoyed all my blessings!


I thought about the Kentucky Derby yesterday.  I always love to watch the race each year on TV.  Maybe I will be like the long shot that won (I think the horse's name was I'll Have Another) and come from behind and be a miracle survivor for my family and friends!

Another picture to close this blog.  See how happy and encouraged I look, see I made you smile too!


Don't forget your prayers tonight.  God Bless Each And Every One Of You! 
All my love,
Glenda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brave Girl. We just got your April and May blogs. We could not imagine that your'd be blogging after your trip to the hospital. Anyhow, we have them all printed for your Mama. Great news about the PET scan. Good luck on Thursday for the next round of R-CHOP. Hugs and prayers for you then and now. Brian and Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, you are an angel to me. Just knowing that you and Brian are there for my Mom, means the world to me. I know she worries about me, so the blog is especially for her, so that she can see my pictures and hear my story. I hope it comforts her knowing that I am not giving up and will keep on fighting. Love you.

    ReplyDelete