Monday, May 21, 2012

Tom and Jerry

Last week I felt like a character in my all time favorite cartoon, Tom and Jerry.  I felt I was poor Jerry at times, being chased by Tom.  Everything crashing down around me, and then when I got really mad, I was Tom, showing how much bigger I am than (Jerry) and I am going to win this battle!

Just so you know, I spent 5 days in the hospital last week with complications from my third Chemo session.  I really won't bore you with all the details, but believe me, it was a dreadful week!  I am home now and getting stronger every day.  Lost all the weight I had gained, so here we go again trying to add on some pounds!  I went to see my oncologist this morning for labs and a check up.  Labs are improving and, the good news, I do not have to go through anymore R-CHOP chemo sessions.  He is calling the doctor in Greenville to let them know I am ready to start the Stem Cell Transplant process.  So, now we will wait for their call to set up the schedule.  I am praying that the transplant process does not beat me up too bad!  I am very hopeful that this will be the answer to beat this cancer.

I was so surprised when we left for the doctor this morning to see my Easter Lily blooming, seems a little late, but maybe it waited to surprise me with the message that there is always hope!
Here are a few other pictures of some flowers in my garden that God so graciously bloomed for me to enjoy.   I sat on my porch this afternoon looking at all the blessings around me.  Mama I hope you enjoy these flowers as much as I do.
This one is a Hydrangea, just gets prettier every year.
 I have always called this a Balloon Flower, really don't know the botanical name, but it always blooms every summer without much help, just dead heading and it will keep on blooming!

I am not going to post any pictures of me this time.  I feel kind of beat up right now, maybe next time.  But I can't forget my special care giver, partner and love of my life, my husband Bill.  Here he is cutting the lawn.  He had a rough week also, sleeping in a chair every night at the hospital.  He would not leave me.  I love that man!

I will never be able to thank everyone for all the support, cards, gifts and prayers for me to win this battle.  Thank you Jean and Serge for encouraging me to set up this blog, very cathartic for me!  God Bless each and every one that reads my blog.  I hope it helps you in some small way, because it helps me in a huge way to write my story.

2 comments:

  1. Just letting you know that I am here and reading when I get a spare moment. love you and enjoy telling the kids about you. they know ask me often about my "aunt linda" and want me to tell you that maybe if you eat more broccoli that maybe the cancer will go away and you will be healthy ;)

    sending you lots and lots of messy hugs and kisses from california!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Pamela for your comments. Love the kids wanting me to eat more broccoli. Tell them I love broccoli just like they do, so I will start eating a little more just for them. I am sending you lots of hugs and kisses from me to you and your family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete