Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Live With Flair

I hope every one had a beautiful, relaxing Memorial Day weekend.  I loved listening to the military bands play on the TV and watching our country honor our military.  I grew up as a military kid, and have always felt that sense of deep pride and honor to be an American with love for my country.

The past three days for me have been awesome.  The weather was beautiful and sunny and now today it is raining and the rain is just as beautiful and welcome.  I was able to sit outside on our back deck and enjoy food; drink my chocolate milk or root beer and just enjoy the activity of all the folks having fun in their boats on the lake or floating near their docks, and I saw so many American Flags flying, awesome!  God provided me with a feeling of "I'm getting stronger each day," and that has felt so incredibly good right now.  I have put on a few pounds and hope to add a few more before I go for the Stem Cell Transplant in mid June.

My beautiful Mom sent me a surprise gift, a beautiful outfit she purchased at Victoria's Secret!   I am 67 years old and my Mom still thinks I would look beautiful in a Victoria's Secret outfit, now that's a Mother's love for you.  I put a little make-up on and posed for these pictures just for you Mom.  I think the Hot Pink color makes me look healthier, what do ya'll think?


And a little closer look at "Love Pink!"


I had fun being a "model" for a day.  I hope these pictures made you smile and to show everyone that I am still fighting to win this battle with cancer, and it is not always about worry and tears, I still have smiles and laughter inside that not even cancer can take from me.  God, friends and family are all around me to lift me up each and every day.  I have received so many cards, gifts and well wishes from everyone.  My thank you is truly from my heart.  God Bless You!

15 comments:

  1. You go girl. Your look fabulous. Keep on eating. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, just wanted Mama to see me in the outfit she bought for me as a surprise. I am eating lots of "junk" I don't usually eat, just to consume the calories!

      Delete
  2. you look fabulous! The hot pink outfit can't compete with your bright attitude and spirit. Your posts always make me smile. Stay strong, pretty lady. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the "fabulous" comment, especially coming from my pretty niece! Love you mucho!

      Delete
    2. Love you too! <3 You have the same spark as your mom, love you both! Pillars of strength, inspiration, kindness and joy. Keep it up!

      Delete
    3. Thanks again Patricia. I guess it is in my DNA! Guess what it is a part of your DNA also. You have all those same qualities! Love you baby girl!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was looking at a picture in a fashion magazine. But don't keep it a "secret" and wear it just for late night TV watching. I want to see you in that next time you come for card games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are a hoot! What fashion magazine were you talking about, AARP!! Believe me I will wear it to our next card game because I have faith that we will be playing many more card games in the future!

      Delete
    2. Yes, in fact, let's go on a few vacations and have those wonderful colorful drinks delivered pool side every hour while playing cards, etc. Although, come to think of it, that hot pink outfit will be too hot in the Caribbean!

      Delete
    3. You and Serge are both too funny! Okay, I guess I will have to purchase a hot pink bikini! Of course, once the gawky folks got a closer look at the scars on my belly and the wrinkles on my skin and bones they would leave us alone to play cards and drink our "colorful" drinks! Love you both!

      Delete
  5. The girls and I think you look Bee-yoo-ty-ful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....you know how I feel about you and your girls, very special to me. Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color pink is definitely your color. Of course I would love you in any color. Love you Bill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you incognito???? Do you have a picture to prove which Bill you are, ha, ha!!

    ReplyDelete