Saturday, September 1, 2012

Viva Westminster!!

Okay, so it has been a few weeks since coming back home to Westminster and you have not heard a word from me, cut me some slack.  I have been so busy moving from one chair to the next, reading books, eating my own food, and most of all just gazing out the window at God's beauty.  But, time is moving on and I am getting stronger every day, in spite of myself!  Here is a picture I took the day we left our Greenville Apartment Complex, bye, bye to the Paddock Club Apartments.  That is me on the last day, August 3, 2012.
I do love my sun glasses and hat!




The day we drove home, was a happy, happy day.  When Bill turned onto Oliver Road, just minutes from our house, I started to cry.  Bill asked what was wrong, I said, "I'm so happy to be home, I thought that I might not make it back, but I guess I was wrong and God was right!"

Sometimes I dwell on what I have lost, days and weeks that have turned into months of struggling to just keep going, never giving up.  There were many days and weeks my cries could be heard by Bill.  Bill is a gentle man and can always bring me back to, "tomorrow you will be stronger, just keep your focus on Nathan and Katie."

I think I have finally reached that plateau where Bill hears not so much crying and lots of, " I can do that and I love the oncology therapy thing I go to twice a week."

So to each of my readers I pray for you as well, that whatever your "spot" is right now in life.  That sadness, worry or doubt can only be helped if you have faith that God will carry you during those times you can't do it on your own.  It also helps to have good friends and family to lean on and a great caregiver!

My kids and grand kids came to visit for my birthday, what a blessing for us.  Here is one of those early morning precious moments when no make-up is required to snuggle with Nathan and Katie enjoying my first cup of coffee!
I am on Day 55 (from the actual transplant date of July 8, 2012), when my stem cells were infused back in my body.  I visited the oncologist yesterday and my numbers are continuing to go up, good thing!  I am still somewhat vulnerable for the first 100 days.  I will be on anti-viral meds for one year.  Then I will start the process to be re-vaccinated with all the vaccines I  received as a child, such as Polio, measles, mumps, etc.  I will have a PET scan at 100 days, 200 days and I think one year.  I am taking it one day at a time.

So, one last picture, still no hair, so how do you like me in the hat Michael brought me back from Paris this summer?  Can't see the earrings very well in this picture, but Aimee gave me 3 sets of dangling earrings, love them!
 Love to all of you and my prayer for you is this.  I hope you have learned at least one piece of information through my rambling blogs that will help you maneuver through this beautiful life.  God Bless You.



No comments:

Post a Comment