Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nathan's Quilt

Did not get to go to Church today, thought it might be too early to take a chance with "crowds" of folks that I don't know what germs they might have that could make me sick.  I will wait a few weeks and let the Cancer Center tell me if they think my white blood cell count is high enough to go wearing a mask.  I have my labs done each week to monitor the counts.  Anyway, it is kind of lonely not to get to go to Sunday School and Church, miss everyone. 

My little lonely daffodil is still blooming and I even saw a beautiful male bluebird on the bluebird box, calling for a mate, come on girls help him out he is beautiful!  I love watching the bluebirds every Spring!

I was feeling real good for a few hours and decided to put the label on the quilt I made for my beautiful grandson Nathan.  I actually finished the quilt before Christmas, but so much happened after that and the label never seemed to get attached.  So here it is finally, hope you enjoy the picture.  Nathan lives up near Washington D.C., so I thought a Patriotic quilt would be the right one for him.  Of course he won't receive it until I finish one for his sister, Katie, not fair to give one to Nathan when she might be sad looking for hers.  I have started her quilt, and with the Good Lord and my friend Jean's help I will be able to deliver both quilts for Christmas, 2012.




I know someone will ask me the size so I measured it and it is approximately 76" by 88".  I used some fabrics with Abraham Lincoln, stars, flags and old newsprint along with many others.  I had such fun making this quilt!

Okay, I have a question or two for my family and friends in the health profession.  I have developed a side affect and want to know if any of you have heard about it before.  I will let my PA know when I see her on Tuesday as well.  Part of the chemo I am taking includes the drug Vincristine (Oncovin) and to quote a part out of the "binder" they gave us at the Cancer Center for side affects, it says in part, 'Oncovin belongs to a class of drugs called the vinca alkaloids.  ......it is important at clinic visits to tell your physician about changes, such as jaw pain that may occur because the drug affects nerves in that area.'  Well, last night while watching TV I told Bill that my jaws have started hurting when I drink or eat.  I thought it was temporary, but the pain is still here today.  The book said it could affect the nerves in fingers and toes as well, but I have no such feeling there.  I am glad for that, so that I can keep knitting.  Not a big deal, but a little uncomfortable.

Have a beautiful day friends and family, I am having a good day myself.  Enjoyed chatting with you!



2 comments:

  1. My name is Elaine, a friend of Candy's. We are trying to learn how to use a blog, but we aren't having much success. Hopefully this will work this time.

    I love Nathan's quilt. I can relate to quilting, but not blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be doing fine because I am receiving your comments. Thanks for the kind words, I love the quilt as well. I am anxious to start my granddaughter's quilt, but it may take a little longer, but I have faith it will get done.
    glenda

    ReplyDelete