Friday, February 24, 2012

Pajama Day

Can't seem to get out of my pajamas today.  Feeling sorta blah.  Went to the cancer center yesterday and received the "Miss" Neulasta injection.  Supposed to help with re-building white blood cells.  The injection makes my bones hurt, so taking Tylenol and drinking lots of water.  (Can't you just hear Bill yelling in the back ground, KEEP DRINKING!)  Had to wear a mask for the first time while I went into the doctor's office for Bill's shoulder surgery check up.  I felt funny, like maybe the folks in the waiting room might think I had something they might catch, but in reality it is for my protection, so I won't get what they may have.  Oh well, this is a whole new direction I have to endure to beat this  D...... Cancer!

I read a quote in the book I am reading (Luncheon of the Boating Party).  Serge you would enjoy the book when I am through with it.  It is about Auguste Renoir's story of the painting, they talk a lot about the colors we use, and the techniques.  Anyway the quote is:  Religion's everywhere.  In the mind, The heart, and in the love you put into what you do."  I hope my friends and family will always know how much love I put into whatever I do for you, from phone calls, letters, e-mail and now my blog.  I love you all so very much.

I'm feeling a little tearful today, can't you tell.  Looking through the cancer catalog the center gave me for scarfs, hats and wigs.  Not looking forward to loosing my hair.  They told me it would start falling out the second week or so after my first chemo treatment.  I did not loose my hair with the other two chemo treatments, but this is a whole new ball game.  I hope I win it!

I am posting a picture of Bill and I and Serge and Jean taken at Applebee's right before I started my chemo.  Probably won't be eating out much for awhile.  Thank you Jean and Serge for helping me set up this blog.  Love you.


8 comments:

  1. Missed you and Bill at Edisto...talked about you every day but all good things. We are back home and want to do whatever is needed. We know you are going to beat the cancer because we are making plans for December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the call this morning, you are my "bestie," love you sweet girl. And yes, I am confident I will win this battle and December will be a "go!"

      Delete
  2. Thought about you all day yesterday. Wanted to take the keemo for you if they'd let me, and it would work on you even tho in me. I know it sounds weird, but I would give anything to keep you out of harm's way. I'm glad you're bloggin. It's always been my therapy to write. So maybe it helps you too. I wrote this for you, Mom.

    Mixed Nuts
    I have not lost my smile, there is no cause for worry.
    The peonies have it, under lock and key, safe just below
    the surface of the mossy green.
    And this is where I look to see the redbird heads
    bobbing like sewing needles with red and black thread.
    They give rhythm to the color.
    I breathe in and find you with me, resplendent.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you sweet Michael. Because you are my son, I am sure the love of words is a bond between us. I have always loved poems, books, magazines, even reading recipes! I walked outside today to take a picture of a daffodil and noticed that a peony is peeking through the ground by the back door, amazing how they do that year after year, beautiful flowers! And believe me I have not lost my smile, sometimes it is just like you said, hidden for awhile. Love you so much. The Blog is really working for me, very soothing.....

      Delete
  3. I was checking here all day yesterday, thinking about you too. I can feel your love through your words and they touch my heart. You inspire me to be as strong. Thank you.

    So, i think you should get a sassy wig or scarf when you start to lose your hair. Maybe now you can be a red head? or brunette? or go full platinum blonde ala marilyn monroe! Paula Deen wears a wig, the entire kardashian clan have extensions, you'll be just like a celebrity. You even have your fan club that I'm a part of. :)

    Love and Hugs
    patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my inspiration sweet baby girl, every thing you have done so far in your life, you should be so proud of, I sure am. You will make the most compassionate doctor, I am assured. I have the best compassionate oncologist and his team than I could have ever dreamed of, so I know with their help I will win this battle. Thanks for the good vibes, and yes I probably will get a "sassy" wig, just you wait and see. God Bless you sweet Patricia, don't ever change!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Aunt Glenda. you are so sweet.

      I was thinking about you being sleepy that day and came across this article.

      http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-3423/What-You-Need-to-Know-About-Napping-Infographic.html

      It's about the benefits of napping! So, if you are feeling sleepy it's just your body's need to heal. Keep up your blog. I love it <3

      Delete
  4. We sure do miss you and Bill in church on Sunday, but we understand that circumstances. I hope that your treatments will get easier for you...I can't even begin to imagine how they must make your body feel. The fact that you are still smiling and staying positive in the midst of all this is really an inspiration!

    On a lighter note, I wanna know more about this book you are reading about Renoir when you get a chance. We are studying that piece in my Art History class right now. It's a personal fav...Love you much

    ReplyDelete