Monday, March 12, 2012

104

What the heck is wrong with 104???  I'm not talking about my temperature or my body mass index, I am talking about my weight!  Okay, so I have lost a few pounds, what do you expect, the last few weeks have not been just sitting around drinking wine and eating chocolate, wish it had been!!

Anyway, we went to see my oncologist for my labs and a check up before my next chemo treatment on Wednesday, and I thought he would be thrilled that my white blood cell count is up to 5.9, outstanding number for me, the rest of the numbers still low but okay for the go ahead for chemo.  He was focused on my weight for some reason and told Bill to try and persuade me to eat more to add a few more pounds!  Good Grief, I have always been thin my entire life, I eat good food and lots of it, it just does not "stick" to my bones, what can I say.......

We picked up some ice cream at the local grocery store on the way home, guess what I will be eating after supper, and I am not really fond of ice cream.  I prefer homemade chocolate chip cookies, homemade pies and cakes!  Here is the proof of purchase......


Upsetting, so the southerner in me came home and made a meatloaf and macaroni and cheese. That wore me out, so I am propped up in my bed doing this blog.  I am going to pig out tonight on comfort food and I guess a bowl of this ice cream.  Hope it works!  And get this, I thought I was looking good, wore my cute red hat, but all Dr. G was interested in was the 104 lbs, go figure!






Bill is thrilled, said the house smelled so good.......glad I could at least please him.  Thanks for listening to me gripe a little.  I am truly blessed to have a doctor that is only looking out for my best interest, so I will try really hard to pass his test.  Love you all for tuning in to the latest news at our house.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you heard it from the "boss"...he knows best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he is the boss and a very good one at that. I am truly blessed!

      Delete
  2. you look wonderful in your red hat! You know doctors, they can be a hard to please bunch. Got to have everything right, and if not, they'll find something to fix. haha I wish I could give you some of my weight so your doc can be happy! Your dinner sounds amazing, so I hope it brings you some comfort and a little weight gain. Paula Deen would approve! Thanks for the update, I love all your posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet girl! Read my blog today, I gained 1/2 pound, yea! Must have been the ice cream and also my neighbor brought over some homemade peanut butter cookies. Paula Deen would approve, they were YUMMY! Love you bunches!

      Delete
  3. Pamela has the right idea. Start using Paula Deen's recipes and your doctor will then start complaining about your weight gain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela is a very sweet girl as well, but Patricia made the Paula Deen comment. But, no matter because they are sisters, that is why they are both sweet, got their good genes from their Aunt Glenda and her Mama of course, ha, ha!

      Delete