Friday, March 9, 2012

Memory Lane

Just a short blog today.  I am feeling okay today, but something was just not quite right, bothering me in a "down" kind of way, if you know what I mean.  After lunch, it dawned on me.  Today, March 9 is the anniversary of my father's death.  He was born on March 2, 1913 and died on March 9, 1998 after a battle with colon cancer.  Many years have passed since then and I think what triggered my memory of him was when I got my head shaved at the barber shop yesterday.  When my Dad retired from the Air Force he decided to go to barber school.  He worked for many years doing just that.  Even gave both my boys their first haircut!  I think he would have been very proud of me choosing a barber shop to go to yesterday.  Thanks Dad, it must have been some kind of subliminal message he sent to me from Heaven!

I have such fond memories growing up, and my Dad is a big part of those memories.  The picture below is my Dad and my brother, Brent in Florida on Father's Day in 1989.  Thanks Dad for a little fond walk down memory lane.


 Just a side note, my Dad's name is Harvey Philip Hammer, born in Buffalo, NY.  My grandson's middle name is Philip and my niece, Pamela named her son Harvey.  Hope you enjoyed my little memory walk.  God Bless all of you that follow my blog.



2 comments:

  1. I loved your walk down memory lane and I think of Grandpa everyday. I love my little Harvey so much and he helps me to feel okay about losing grandpa. I don't think I will ever "get over it" but his sweet face sure does help! I sure hope he is looking down on me, I know he would be proud and fall in love with my babies. He always knew who I was before I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered you on e-mail, but another "walk" is always good for me. Your grandpa is so very proud of you, and your grandma and Aunt Glenda are as well. We will all have sweet memories of grandpa to fall back on, love it when we were all at the pool, laughing and talking. Love you baby girl!

    ReplyDelete