Thursday, March 15, 2012

aller faire du shopping

After a rough night with nausea, the morning brought me sunshine and I felt great!  The cancer center had already done their job by giving us RX's for just about any crisis.  I used the Phenergan and yes it works!  We had to be at Bill's shoulder replacement therapy at 10:00 a.m; I dropped him off and said see you in an hour.  That was the best hour I have had in a long time.  I went immediately to Belk's Department store and bought a few things, I felt like I was in a race.  I had my mask on and the shoe sales lady asked if I am having trouble with allergies.  I said no, and raised my hat to show my bald head, oh well folks are just curious.  She said God Bless You, so it was worth it to answer back.

I bought a little white cotton sweater to wear over a sun dress I bought last year but was too sick to ever wear it.  Also, I bought a white top with smocking, just right to wear to chemo day, they can access my port easily.  And, I just had to buy another hat to wear with my Capri's and jeans!  I found the best yellow hand bag for summer also, I felt like I got everything I needed today, except could not find some white sandals, oh well.  The jewelry I already had.  The scarf my Michael brought back to me from a trip to Paris, ain't it gorgeous?  I am curious, Ann would you ask Mama the history of the Ivory bracelet, I think it is Ivory or maybe bakelite.  I think she got it when we lived in Japan, anyway she gave it to me many years ago.  It is too large for my wrist so I always wear it with scarves.  I just love it!



I have always believed that "shopping" is one of women's natural rights, agree??  It makes life bearable, but then having a will of my own helps!  Someday I might just have to give up chocolate, but never shopping!

I'm eating a delicious homemade peanut butter cookie and having a cup of tea, just need some friends to join me!  My sweet neighbor Gloria made the cookies and brought them over yesterday, Yummy!
God Bless everyone and hope this good run will last awhile for me.

4 comments:

  1. Promise me you will teach me how to do this much shopping in an hour! Girl, you have mastered this skill!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like Retail Therapy to sort things out. Asked your Mama about the bracelet - it's ivory.
      So glad you're feeling good and from all the fabulous hat pictures, looking good. As Billy Crystal used to say when he was on Saturday Night Live " It's not how your feel Dahling, it's how you look that matters". Anyway we, all here in Miami hope both looking and feeling good apply to you.
      PS You could consider buying those white sandals at Zappos.com (huge selection of shoes and free shipping and returns. People order several sizes, and you would probably need to do this, as your feet may now be Cindarella size because of your 104 AND A HALF pound weight). Hugs, Brian, Nell, Ann

      Delete
    2. I am so glad you are reading the blog Ann, means a lot to me. You are not only my sister-in-law but a fantastic nurse, so I value your comments. Bill and I are so grateful that you and Brian do so much for Mama. I will have to check out Zappos.com, great idea! You made me laugh with the Cinderella comment!

      Delete
    3. Jean, I think the knack of shopping is a part of my DNA! It comes way too easy for me, according to Bill!

      Delete