Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Statue and the Pigeon

Okay, okay, I know the old saying that you need to accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue!  But good grief, a week of being the statue is just too much.  I was praying for my gun toting southern friends to put down their bacon and start scaring the pigeons away from my head.  Thanks guys, I am now the pigeon again, feeling so much better today.

And another thing, don't always think that your lucky number is lucky!  I always thought the number 14 was my lucky number, don't know why, just did.  Well, after Fridays labs, my platelets were 14, yikes, not good, so back to the hospital for more platelets.  They must be important, don't know much about them, but I am feeling so much better now.  Thank goodness for the IV fluids, steroids, blood and yes them there platelets, I am back in the saddle again.  Now if I could only get my nurse oncologist Missy, to infuse me with some of her energy, that girl has more than enough for one person.  Love her, she makes me laugh even if you feel rotten!

Felt good enough last night to go downstairs and lay on the sofa that Bill fixed with a pillow and blanket, what a charmer he is!  We watched a Netflix movie, titled Firewall with Harrison Ford.  Wow, I actually watched the entire movie and loved it.  Went to bed after that, had no fevers all night, yea!

Still feeling good today, just a little tired, so I am in my bed doing this blog.  But, wait I must tell you when I got up this morning, I told Bill I was going to make my "home made" chicken noodle soup, if he would help with the "clean-up!"  He was all in for that.  I sat on a stool and chopped the vegies and in no time we had the soup for lunch.  Let me tell you, nothing against Campbell soups, I have eaten plenty lately, but mine today was awesome!  Here is a picture of the finished product.  Only thing missing is some friends and/or family to share it with.


For all my friends and family, and you are a friend if you are reading this blog, if you haven't guessed by now, my faith gets me through each and every day, because I always ask God to just give me the strength and courage to keep fighting, and you know what I absolutely feel His love touch  me and comfort me.  I hope this blog brings some comfort and joy to anyone suffering, that would make me a lucky girl.  But, I think I will still change my lucky number!  God Bless you all.

6 comments:

  1. You sure know how to put a smile on our faces by your wonderful writing! It makes our day to know that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would do anything to put a smile on your face Jean, you always have a way of making me smile, so I have to give it right back to you!

      Delete
  2. That soup looks delicious! and I love the desert rose plate :) I could go for some right now too and I'm sure it was yummy. I'm glad to hear you are pushing through the treatments event though it's doing a number to you. Isn't medicine amazing? One minute it makes you feel horrible, the next it lifts you back up. Stay strong in your faith and stay positive. I love you <3 Hugs,patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweet girl, so glad to hear from you. Guess who started me on the desert rose dishes, you're right, my Mama! The soup was not only good for my body but made my heart feel good also to be productive and make Bill some good food. Yes, medicine is amazing, I think it just might save my life! Love you lots!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha was just going to comment on the desert rose plate like my sister ;)

    ReplyDelete